Friday, May 30, 2008

I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day

Well, hello lovelies! I hope your memorial day weekend has been fantastic, I have to admit that mine as been pretty fantastic. Not much to say about AM, other than OMG I can't believe there's only two weeks left! Time has seriously flown, and I'm super excited to actually start. This week we've mostly been going over the graph editor and modifying tangents. I'm happy to say that the program I found beyond intimidating not that long ago I totally get now. Yay for learning things in class, right?

So, I know it's not really the purpose of this blog but my goodness this week was crazy! This weekend two of my friends and I drove up to Napa valley for some wine tasting. We went to the Mondavi winery, to honour the memory of Robert Mondavi who died a little over a week before we were there. I bought a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and a really yummy "Moscato D'oro" which is apparently a Mondavi specific dessert wine. (Anything I know about wine I learned from the movie Sideways, so don't quote me on any of this.) I plan on making a fresh blueberry pie to have with the dessert wine. I just need to remember to buy a ton of blueberries tomorrow at the Farmers Market. yum yum. Afterwords Mondavi we had lunch at a great restaurant called Brix, which had the biggest wine list I have seen in my entire life!

We then drove into the city where we shopped and met hot German pilots at an irish piano bar. So fun! We spent monday at the Museum of Modern Art, which was fun even though a large portion was closed to set up a Frida exhibit. Their Media Arts Collection seriously freaked me out. I momentarily felt like I was living in the video from The Ring. I'm easily freaked out. One artist who I am now completely in love with thanks to the trip is Marilyn Minter, whose photo-realistic style is beyond amazing. I can't find a good link to her work, sadly.

Then, Tuesday, I drove back to the city to see Flight of the Conchords which was amazing!! I bought a shirt, and a poster, and I fan-girled a lot. We were in the forth row! And they were funny, and cool, and generally awesome! Though, Bret? Is an insanely skinny little man.

So, last night I went and saw Maria Bamford she is one of the comedians of comedy and is supremely funny, you should totally go watch her show.

So, yes, that was my week! Thanks for reading all this rambling.

Bons baisers!!

No comments: