Sunday, May 11, 2008

You and I, you and I, oh how happy we'll be!

Why hello everyone, and welcome to my blog! I have to be honest and admit that I'm really quite bad at talking about myself, but I'm so excited to be starting Animation Mentor that I'm just about ready to burst! I'm currently enrolled in "Maya Training". First time they've conducted this particular class. We're kind of guinea pigs, but that's fine. It's fun, everyone's super nice, and, to be perfectly honest, Maya is an incredibly intimidating program! Even installing it seemed like a difficult task (at the time). So far though Maya training has really helped ease my nerves, I'm actually starting to love Maya! How strange. Honestly the only thing that's bothered me so far about Maya training is the six weeks I had to wait for it to start!

Speaking of waiting! (Note how seamlessly I worked that segue in...) I am simply on the edge of my seat with anticipation waiting for Summer term to start! I cannot wait for AM proper to begin, especially considering how awesome the limited site we have access to with Maya training is. I can't wait to meet even more people who are complete animation geeks. I feel like I've finally found my people. Most of my college friends, while being totally awesome and some of my favourite people ever, just don't understand what I love about animation. What on earth was I doing at an agricultural college before this? Being miserable and misguided, that's what I was doing. It's amazing what a difference being excited about my subject makes. I actually want to do well at this, what a strange concept!

I think I've completely used up my exclamation point quota for the month in this blog entry, but I'm so fricken' excited I can barely contain myself.

So, thus ends my first blog entry! And my first real week of Maya training (though I've had access to the site for six weeks now). I was seriously ready to beg for work, which seems about opposite of how one is supposed to react to work. I just turned in, what I have personally termed, the ugliest 3D man ever. I love him big nose, little ears, and all.

TTFN: Ta ta for now

No comments: