Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I've got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way

Greetings imaginary readers of my blog! So, I'm half way through week three of Maya Training and still having a great time. We've just finished doing some very basic modeling and lighting. I think the most interesting part of the process has been seeing all the different interpretations of the assignment. I've seen everything from an Alien at mission control to a guy in a bar. I think learning about lighting has been my favourite so far. It's amazing what a huge difference it makes to the feel of the scene. (not that I didn't know that before, it's just I've never really played with it myself. I mean, just turning up the intensity on an ambient light completely changes the mood.) However, none of this really matters as tomorrow we get to start animating!! Okay, not really, but we get to learn about the animation controls in Maya. I'm sure that whatever I produce will be more impressive than the flip books I used to draw in my text-books.

No comments: